Oange Cranberry Sauce Recipe
Cranberry Sauce is so easy to make. I am not sure why more people don’t make their own. It sure beats the canned Cranberry Sauce. Or do you say Cranberry relish? Either way, it is a staple at Thanksgiving for most.
- ◾1 (12 oz.) Bag of Fresh Cranberries
- ◾Juice and Zest from 1 Orange
- ◾1/2 Cup Fresh Orange Juice
- ◾1 Tablespoon Honey
- ◾1/2 Cup Sugar
- ◾Dash of Nutmeg
Adapted from hotdishhomemaker.com
1. In a medium size saucepan, add all of the ingredients and stir well.
2. Over medium/high heat, cook the Cranberries stirring often, just until they come to a boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 20-25 minutes.
3. You will start to hear the Cranberries pop as they break down. This is how they will turn into sauce. Continue to cook until all the ingredients have come together and the Sauce begins to thicken..
~This recipe serves about 6-8. Double the batch if you are making this for a larger group for the holidays. Leftovers can always be used for sandwiches and more!
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker