Bacon Apple Cheddar Stuffing Recipe
If you are like me, and you don’t put the Stuffing inside the bird, you may want to try this Dressing Recipe.
- ◾3 Stalks Celery, Diced
- ◾6 Strips of Bacon
- ◾1 Medium Size Apple, Peeled and Cored (I used Braeburn)
- ◾1 & 3/4 Cup Chicken Stock
- ◾3/4 Cup Apple Cider
- ◾ 1 Small Yellow Onion, diced
- ◾1 & 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ◾ 1 Bag Stuffing Croutons (14 oz.)
- ◾1 Egg, Beaten
- ◾1 Tablespoon Sage
Adapted from hotdishhomemaker.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook the Bacon in a frying pan. Remove the Bacon from the pan and set aside.
3. Add the Apple, Onion and Celery to the pan with the Bacon Grease. Cook until tender.
4. In a large mixing bowl combine the Stuffing Croutons, Chicken Stock, Apple Cider, Sage, Egg and the cooked Apple and Veggie mixture. Cut the Bacon into bite size pieces and add it to the bowl. Lastly add the Cheese and fold all the ingredients together.
5. Spray a 3 quart casserole dish with non stick cooking spray and transfer the Dressing to the casserole dish.
6. Cover the casserole dish and bake the Dressing for 40-55 minutes. All ovens cook differently so check the Dressing at 30 minutes. You want it to be heated all the way through and golden brown on the edges.