Raspberry Chocolate Meringues
Prep time: 30 min
Bake:200* for 1 hour 40 min.
- 2 Large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/8 tsp. Cream of tartar
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Raspberry extract
- 3 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1) Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
2) Using an electric mixer on medium speed beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes. Gradually beat in sugar until mixture is glossy with stiff peaks, about 3 minutes. Fold in extract.
3)Spoon meringue into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe into 1 and 1/2 inch stars on sheet, 1/2 inch apart.
4) Bake until firm and crisp but not browned, 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 40 minutes. Slide parchment , with meringues, off sheet onto a wire rack. Let cool completely before removing meringues from parchment.
5) Set a small bowl over a pan of simmering water. Place 2/3 of chocolate in bowl and melt, stirring occasionally. Remove bowl, stir in remaining chocolate until melted.
6) Line a baking sheet with parchment. Dip bottom of 1 meringue in chocolate, wipe off excess against side of bowl and transfer to sheet. Let stand until set. Repeat.
Per Serving (2 meringues):
27 calories 1 g fat (1gSat)
0mg Chol. 0g Fiber. 0gPro.
4gCarb. 9mgSod. 4gSugar
0mg Iron. 0mg Calcium
You'll also love
- Un-Stuffed Cabbage Soup With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Make Ahead Turkey Gravy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Meat LOaf Cupcakes with Mashed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Cider Sangria 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate-Hazelnut-Banana Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sparkling Cranberry Quencher 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blueberry-Lemon Cheese Blintzes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raspberry Cream Smoothie 0/5 (0 Votes)