Opera-in-the-Park Raspberry Bars
This a great warm weather treat. Not only do you get the full flavor of seasonal raspberries, you don't have to worry about your goodies melting. No opera required, although you may burst into an aria of thanks for the recipe.
- Crumb Layers:
- 1-1/2 cups oatmeal (old-fashioned or quick cooking)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3-1/2 cups raspberries
- 2 Tbsp Pensey's Raspberry Enlightenment
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup oatmeal (old-fashioned or quick cooking)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for the crumb layers. Mix until crumbly. Press about 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan and set aside.
3. For the filling, combine the ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and let cool until only slightly warm. Spread over the bottom layer in the pan.
4. Top with the remaining crumb mixture. Bake at 350 degrees F until the topping is golden and the raspberry filling is bubbling near the center, about 40 minutes.
Nutritional info: serving 1 bar, calories 230, calories from fat 80, total fat 9g, cholesterol 20mg, sodium 120mg, carbohydrate 35g, dietary fiber 2g, protein 2g.