Two-Tomato Arrabbiata Pesto Pasta
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti or whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 cup oil-cured sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup cashew parm
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
1.Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking water.
2.While the pasta is working, using a food processor, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, crushed red pepper and 2 tablespoons hot water. With the machine on, drizzle in the EVOO. Add the grape tomatoes, salt and lots of pepper and process until smooth. Transfer the sauce to a large, shallow bowl and stir in the cashew parm and most of the parsley and chives.
3.Stir in the reserved pasta cooking water, then add the pasta and toss vigorously for a minute or 2. Scatter the remaining herbs on top.