Beef and Macaroni - Instant Pot
- 1 pound ground beef (or turkey, chicken, Italian sausage, venison)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Onion, diced well
- 1/2 Bell Pepper, diced (optional)
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced fine
- 1 (25 ounce) jarred marinara sauce
- 1 (25 ounce) jar of water
- 1 (15 ounce) can Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 pound rigatoni, or any other Macaroni
Adapted from jillcooks.com
Select Sauté or Browning on your Pressure Cooker and allow it to heat.
Add olive oil to the Pressure Cooker cooking pot and then dump in the beef and break into pieces as you brown. When meat is partially brown, add onions (and peppers, if using) and sauté until meat is mostly brown. Add garlic and sauté one more minute.
Drain excess grease, if needed.
Add the rest of the ingredients.
Lock on the lid and close the Pressure Valve.
Cook on High pressure for 6 minutes (or half the time indicated on your package of macaroni).
When Beep sounds, allow a 5 minute natural release, then put a paper or dish towel over the vent and do a quick release.
Top with freshly grated cheese.
If you use a heartier pasta, you may need a longer cook time.
Rule of thumb is that you cook your pasta for one-half of the time indicated on the package of pasta. For aldente, err on the lower cook time.
You'll also love
- Blueberry Congealed Salad 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Broiled Salmon with Scallions &... 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Bacon Hash 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Chorizo Sausage Egg Bake Casserole 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Easy Tortellini Toss 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Crockpot Chicken Gnocchi Soup... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Kefta (beef kebob) 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Couscous Salad with Grilled... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)