Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Ala King
Creamy and comforting, this easy slow cooker chicken ala king is a family favorite. Serve over rice, biscuits or potatoes, if desired.
Author: Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Main
- 1 can (18 ounces) Progresso Recipe Starters creamy roasted garlic
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry, if desired
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Adapted from simple-nourished-living.com
Whisk together the can of creamy roasted garlic sauce and flour until well blended. Pour into the slow cooker. Add the chicken.
In a skillet, coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the mushrooms, red bell pepper and celery until softened, 3 to 5 minutes, and add to the crock pot.
Stir to combine.
Cover and Cook on LOW until heated.
Add the 1 cup of defrosted peas 20 minutes before serving.
Stir in sherry and parsley, if using, right before serving.
Serve over rice, biscuits or baked potatoes, if desired
Nutrition Estimates Per Serving (1-1/4 cups): 199 calorie, 6 g fat, 18 g carbs, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein and *5 Points Plus