Homemade Peach Cobbler
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter 1 cup granulated
- 1 cup all purpose flour 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk 3 cups sliced fresh peaches,
- peeled or skins left on
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Wash, peel and slice the peaches You can slice them thin or thick as you prefer!
2. Melt the stick of butter in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat until it bubbles and turns goldenbrown. Be careful: it will burn quickly and easily!
3. Pour the butter into an 8-inch square baking dish.
4. In a medium bowl, stir together the 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour, 1tbsp baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 3/4 cup milk.
5. Pour the batter on top of the melted butter. Do not stir.
6. Without mixing, arrange the peaches evenly on top of thebatter.
7. Evenly sprinkle the brown sugar over the cobbler.
8. Bake the cobbler for 40 to 45 minutes, until the top turnsgolden brown. The batter will migrate from the bottom of the pan to cover the peach slices partially.
9. Serve warm or at room temperature; preferably with peach ice cream!. Yield 6 to 8 servings.