Chicken and Brown Rice Sloppy Joes
- 1 UNCLE BEN'S® Boil-In-Bag Whole Grain Brown Rice 2 c. bag
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 c. onion, diced
- 1/4 c. green pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 3/4 c. ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1/4 c. water
- 6 whole-wheat hamburger buns
Adapted from foodpyramidonline.com
1. Prepare rice according to pkg. directions.
2. While the rice is cooking, begin making the sloppy joes. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and add the chicken. Stir to separate the meat and then add the onions, peppers, garlic, salt and pepper. Continue cooking until the meat is cooked and the onions are translucent, about 5 min.
3. In a measuring cup or small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, vinegar and 1/4 c. water.
4. Once the rice is cooked, drain and add to the skillet. Add the liquid ingredients into the meat and rice mixture and stir well to combine all the ingredients. Continue to simmer for about 5 min. to meld the flavors. Serve on whole-wheat buns.
You'll also love
- The Best Easy Chicken Enchiladas 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Throwback Porterhouse Steaks 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Spicy Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Grilled Turkey, Bacon, Radicchio &... 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Apple Whiskey Chicken Meatballs 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Healthy Pizza Panini 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Mediterranean Bean Salad and Greek... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Tropical Chicken Burgers 4.5/5 (21 Votes)