Throwback Porterhouse Steaks
The only things you'll need besides meat and fire are salt, pepper, barbecue sauce and beer. These Throwback Porterhouse Steaks are no nonsense, grilled to medium-rare.
- 2 1 1/4 pound porterhouse steaks, cut to 1 1/4-inches thick
- Salt, taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup beer, preferably American lager
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
Light a gas grill and heat to high.
Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk the barbecue sauce with the beer.
Oil the grill grate. Grill the steaks over high heat, turning once, until lightly charred on both sides, about 6 minutes total. Baste the steaks with the barbecue sauce and grill, turning and basting occasionally, until glazed and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 120°F for medium-rare meat, 3 to 5 minutes more. Transfer the steaks to a carving board and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Angel Food Cake with... 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Red Velvet Peppermint Thumbprints 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Grilled Turkey, Bacon, Radicchio &... 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Pan Roasted Maple Dijon Chicken... 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Copycat's Arby’s Roast Beef... 3.9/5 (100 Votes)
- 30-Minute Beef Stroganoff 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Rib-Eye alla Fiorentina, with... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)