Blackberry Jam With Liquid Pectin
- 4 cups crushed blackberries
- (abt 2 one-quart boxes blackberries)
- 7 cups sugar
- 1/2 bottle liquid pectin
To prepare fruit. Sort and wash fully ripe berries; remove any stems or caps. Crush berries. If they are very seedy, put part or all of them through a sieve or food mill.
To make preserves. Combine prepared fruit and sugar in alternate layers and let stand for 8 to 10 hours or overnight in the refrigerator or other cool place.
Heat the fruit mixture to boiling, stirring gently. Boil rapidly, stirring as needed to prevent sticking. Cook to 9 degrees above the boiling point of water, or until the sirup is somewhat thick (about 15 or 20 minutes).
Remove from heat and stir in pectin; skim. Pour immediately into hot, sterile canning jars to 1/4-inch from top. Seal, and process 5 minutes in boiling water bath.
This recipe yields about 4 half-pint jars.
You'll also love
- Apricot Pineapple Jam with Pectin 4/5 (28 Votes)
- Strawberry Balsamic Jam (using... 3.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Shrimp Dijonnaise 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mandarin Orange Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside Down French Toast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry And Prosecco Fizz With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dried Cranberry Compote 0/5 (0 Votes)