Silky Chocolate Mousse
Nothing says decadence like a light, airy chocolate mousse. Recipe also includes a Silky Mocha Mousse variation, yum!
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream, (35%), divided
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
In heatproof bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt milk chocolate and dark chocolate, stirring until smooth. Set aside.
In small saucepan, heat 1/2 cup of the cream over medium-high heat just until tiny bubbles form around edge of pan.
In separate heatproof bowl, whisk together egg yolks, sugar and salt; slowly whisk in hot cream. Place bowl over saucepan of gently simmering water; cook, stirring, until instant-read thermometer reads 160°F and mixture is thick enough to coat back of spoon, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
Whisk in melted chocolate and vanilla. Place plastic wrap directly on surface; let cool, about 15 minutes.
Whip remaining cream; fold one-quarter into chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining whipped cream. Divide among dessert dishes; cover and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
Make-ahead. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
Change it up: Silky Mocha Mousse
Heat 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules with cream.
You'll also love
- Butterscotch Refrigerator Cookies 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Lemon Ricotta Muffins 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Hershey Candy Bar Cake 4.2/5 (35 Votes)
- Fun Time Butter Cookies 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Drinking Chocolate 4.6/5 (16 Votes)