Giant Double Chocolate Pound Cake
What could be better? A cupcake that?s full-sized cake. How about it being chocolate with the addition of mini semisweet chocolate chips. You can make it your own with our Dimensions® Giant Cupcake Pan. A delicious creation in irresistible 3-D. Makes a party in an instant!
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1/2 cup water (boiling)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 sticks butter (softened)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 95mins
Adapted from wilton.com
Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour or use pan spray with flour to prepare pan.
In small bowl, dissolve instant coffee in water; stir in cocoa powder and mix well. Set aside to cool.
Stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
In large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla; mix well.
Combine cocoa mixture and sour cream. Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating after each addition until smooth.
Fold in chocolate chips. Spoon 2 1/2 cups batter into top of cupcake pan; spoon 3 1/2 cups batter into bottom of pan. You may have a little leftover, make into mini cupcakes.
Bake 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 15 minutes.
Turn cake onto wire rack to cool completely. To assemble cupcake ice top of cake's bottom half. Place top half of cake atop iced bottom half. Decorate as desired.
You'll also love
- Triple Berry Cheesecake Cobbler 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Melted Ice Cream Cake 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Sour Cream Chicken 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- King Cake 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Pound Cake Martini 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Cream Filled Donuts 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Coffee Roasted Almond + Toasted... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Strawberry Ice Cream Cake 4.6/5 (13 Votes)