Strawberry Freezer Jam
- 12 # fresh strawberries
- 7 boxes Sure-Jell Pectin
- lots of sugar
- 1 -Wash, Dry, Scald containers and lids. WASH Fruit and PUREE (Usually berries are mashed in small batches to leave bits of fruit, I prefer it smooth). MEASURE 2 cups FRUIT into LARGE BOWL.
- 2 -MEASURE 4 cups SUGAR accurately by scraping knife blade across full cup to level - place in separate bowl.
- 3 -MIX SUGAR AND FRUIT together. Let stand 10 MIN stirring occasionally.
- 4 -Mix 3/4 cup WATER and one box SURE-JEL OR CAN-JEL (about 5-6 Tablespoons) in small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 MIN stirring constantly.
- 5 -STIR SURE-JEL into FRUIT, continue stirring for THREE MIN. (A few sugar crystals will remain)
- 6 -QUICKLY POUR into prepared CONTAINERS, wiping clean top edge. FILL TO WITHIN 1/2 inch from top. COVER at once with lids. Let stand at ROOM TEMPERATURE untouched, for 24 hours. Store in freezer and refrigerate after opening
Follow easy no cook recipe in Sure Jell box. Use glass or plastic containers (2 cups or less) with tight fitting lids.
Do not change recipe - do not double recipe - as amounts given assure a proper set.
Do not reduce or substitute sugar.
Will yield about 39 freezer containers of jam.
I also made about 3 batches of Strawberry Sauce from left over berries.
You'll also love
- Cajun Fried Turkey 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Crawfish Pie on Puff Pastry Shell 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Creamed Spinach 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Applesauce Date Nut Bread 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Blackberry pie, with tapioca 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Really crispy duck breast with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad... 4/5 (1 Votes)