Blackberry pie, with tapioca
Very good - make sure its quick cooking tapioca. Thickens without fear of a starchy taste.
- Pastry for 9" double crust pie
- 4 cups blackberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp tapioca (quick cooking)
- 2 tbsp butter
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Preheat oven to 350 F
In a large mixing bowl, combine blackberries, sugar and tapioca. Be careful not to damage berries. Pour into pie crust. Cover with top crust, seal and crimp edges, then cut slits in the top for steam vents. Top with pats of butter.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until berries are bubbling and the crust is golden brown.
You'll also love
- Alaskan Halibut Lasagna 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Tequila Shrimp (Camarones... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Impossibly Easy French Apple Pie 4/5 (2 Votes)
- DREISBACH'S POTATO'S 4/5 (23 Votes)
- Amazing Raw Coconut Jerky 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Really crispy duck breast with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Blackberry Butter 0/5 (0 Votes)