This easy trifle dessert is quick to make starting with premade pound cake and pudding mix, but delivers on flavor! Better if made at least an hour before serving.
- 3 pints fresh strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- 1 large Sara Lee pound cake
- 3 small boxes vanilla instant pudding
- 1 quart half and half
- 1 pint whipping or heavy cream
- 1 can strawberry pie filling
- 1 large container of Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Mix sliced strawberries with the canned strawberry pie filling, if really tart sprinkle a little sugar on it. Mix pudding with half and half, whipping cream and almond or vanilla extract.
Slice pound cake and alternate layers of pudding, strawberries and whipped cream until you use all the ingredients, ending with the cool whip on top.
Put a few of the sliced strawberries on top to decorate.
For best results refrigerate for at least an hour before serving to allow all of the flavors to meld.
Easy trifle dessert…hope you enjoy!