Cajun Fried Turkey
A deep fried turkey recipe doesn't get easier than this one! Cajun Fried Turkey is a way to shake things up this Thanksgiving with super flavorful and moist turkey!
- 1 (13-pound) turkey
- 3 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 to 4 gallons peanut oil
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 80mins
Remove giblets and neck from turkey. Remove plastic ring holding legs together and pop-up timer. Rinse turkey with cold water; dry well. Loosen skin from breast without detaching it; carefully rub 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning under skin.
In a small bowl, combine butter and remaining Creole seasoning. Fill a turkey marinade injector with butter mixture; inject turkey with butter mixture, at 1-inch intervals, into breasts, thighs, and wings. Let stand 30 minutes before frying.
Heat peanut oil in a turkey fryer to 375°F over medium-low heat, following manufacturer's instructions. Place turkey in fryer basket. Carefully lower basket into hot oil. Temperature should fall to and remain at 325°F. Cook for approximately 45 minutes (3 1/2 minutes per pound at 325°). Slowly remove basket from oil. Drain, and let cool slightly before slicing.
Note: Make sure your turkey fryer is on a level surface outdoors. Be extremely careful when lowering turkey into hot oil.
You'll also love
- Roasted Turkey Breast Tenderloins 3.9/5 (671 Votes)
- Crawfish Pie on Puff Pastry Shell 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Creamed Spinach 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Brown Sugar Smokies ... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Marinade For Beef Jerky 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Classic Turkey Tetrazzini 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Pineapple/Orange Turkey Ham Glaze 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Potato Latkas 4/5 (2 Votes)