Morning Glory Pumpkin & Carrot Cake Bars
- Bars Ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup canola or light olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin purée
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
- Cream Cheese Swirl Ingredients:
- 1 package (8 ounces) Crystal Farms® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Adapted from crystalfarmscheese.com
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with foil.
2. Mix flour, sugars, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Stir in eggs, oil, pumpkin, and carrot until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
4. Beat cream cheese, egg, sugar, orange peel and vanilla until smooth. Drop spoonfuls of topping over batter; swirl into batter with the tip of a knife.
5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely; cut into bars or squares.
Tips & Substitutions:
Cut these moist bars into larger squares of cake to serve as a dessert with a scoop of cinnamon ice cream.