Broccoli and Cheese Soup
This recipe is delicious whether you like broccoli or not. And best of all, it's incredibly easy to make!
- 1 Large head of broccoli
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 can Campbell's cheddar cheese soup
- 2 cups of milk salt and pepper to taste
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes dissolved in 2 cups of hot water
Adapted from andersonandgrant.blogspot.com
1. Break the broccoli florets off of the stem into pieces. Cover the broccoli with water, bring the water to a boil, and boil for about 15 minutes or until the broccoli is tender. Then drain the broccoli and let it cool. When it is cool, the broccoli can be torn into tiny pieces
2. Chop your onion into small pieces. Put the butter and onions together in a pan and cook until the onions become transparent and tender over medium heat.
3. Add the flour gradually to the pan and mix into the onions and butter. Stir quickly so that nothing sticks to your pan.
4. Add the can of cheese and stir until the mixture becomes smooth. It will be very thick.
5. Add the milk and salt and pepper to your liking. Cook the soup until it comes to a boil.
6. Add the broccoli and stir. Then add the water the bouillon cubes were dissolved in slowly to the soup. Mix well to incorporate the broth into the cream.
7. Turn the heat to low and simmer the soup for about 15 minutes.