- 1 lb. mushrooms
- 1/2 lb. ground pork sausage
- 1/4 c. onion, chopped
- 1/3 c. catsup
- 2 T. soft bread crumbs
- 1 t. dried parsley
- 1/2 t. dried basil
Adapted from gooseberrypatch.com
Remove stems from mushrooms; finely chop enough stems to measure 1/2 cup.
In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage, mushroom stems and onion until sausage is browned, stirring frequently. Drain mixture and place in a bowl; stir in catsup, bread crumbs and herbs. Spoon mixture into mushroom caps.
Arrange mushrooms on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.
Makes 2 to 3 dozen.
You'll also love
- Cauliflower with Bagna Cauda 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Rio Grande Green Pork Chili 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Sautéed Spinach with Pancetta and... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Apples and Creamy... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Stuffed Mushrooms 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Medieval Chicken Sausage... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- MUSHROOM RISOTTO 4.3/5 (4 Votes)