Serve with egg noodles
Use veal as an alternate meat.
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Marjoram leaves
- 1 teaspoon Minced Onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper - coarse
- 1 teaspoon Basil Leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon Parsley Flakes - garnish
- 3 tablespoons of butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (8 oz) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine (usually next to the Port)
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breast (no more than 1 inch thick - thinner preferred). Put in plastic bag and pound with a mallet to about 1/2 inch thick.
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Mix flour, minced garlic, marjoram, minced onions, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Reserve 1 tablespoon flour mixture.
Coat chicken breast with the remaining flour mixture.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter and olive oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Cook chicken in batches cooking 3 minutes per side until golden brown. Thicker pieces may take 1-2 minutes per side longer.
Remove chicken from skittet and keep warm. Repeat for remaining batches.
Next add mushrooms to skillet, cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. (May need to add a little butter.)
Mix broth and the reserved flour mixture. Add to skillet along with the wine. Bring mushroom mixture to a boil, stirring to release browned bits on bottom of the skillet.
Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter and Basil - cook 2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thikened.
Spoon sauce over chicken to serve. Sprinkle with Parseley.