Mini Gruyere Puffs
These cheese puffs are easy to make and everyone is guaranteed to love them--might want to go ahead and double the batch. FIlled with the rich and creamy tastes of Gruyere or Swiss cheese, these pastry appetizers are sure to be all the rage at your next celebratory event. Serve these at any gathering from a sophisticated soiree to a laid-back gameday munch fest, these versatile appetizers can be eaten any time, any place.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- dash ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Gruyere or Swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Combine water and butter in a small saucepan. Add basil, garlic salt, and red pepper. Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring to melt butter. Add flour all at once, stirring vigorously. Cook and stir until mixture forms a ball that doesn't separate. Remove from heat. Cool 5 minutes.
Grease a baking sheet. Add eggs, one at a time, to saucepan, beating with a spoon after each addition until smooth. Stir in Gruyere cheese. Drop mounds of dough by rounded teaspoons, about 2 inches apart, on a prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake in a 450°F oven for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F and bake 10 to 12 minutes more or until puffed and golden. Turn off oven. Let puffs remain in oven for 3 minutes.
You'll also love
- Gingerbread Cookies 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Caramel Fruit Dip Recipe 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Impossibly Easy Banana Custard Pie 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Shrimp Dip 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Crab Eggs Benedict 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Roast Beef Summer Rolls 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Avocado Toast with Goat Cheese &... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Cheesy Garlic Bread 4.4/5 (14 Votes)