Red Snapper Fillet with Coconut Sauce
- 4 Large RED SNAPPER fillets
- JUICE of 1 LIME
- 2 Tbsp. OLIVE OIL
- 3 tsp. Minced GARLIC (or 6 Cloves Fresh GARLIC, minced)
- 1 Med. White ONION, sliced julienne-style*
- 1 CELERY Stalk, sliced julienne-style*
- 1 Tbsp. TOMATO PASTE
- 2 Cans (13.5oz. each) COCONUT MILK
- 1 Pkg Powered CHICKEN BOUILLON
- 2 BAY LEAVES
- 1 Large, Ripe TOMATO, seeded and sliced julienne-style*
- 2 cups cooked WHITE RICE, hot
- Thin strips about 1/4" square x 2"
1. Sprinkle the RED SNAPPER fillets with the lime juice.
2. In a deep skillet with straight sides, heat OLIVE OIL on medium. Stir in GARLIC, ONION, CELERY and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
3. Stir in TOMATO PASTE and cook for 2minutes.
4. Stir in COCONUT MILK, CHICKEN BOUILLON, and BAY LEAVES. Bring to a boil and simmer on low for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Stir in sliced TOMATOES. Add RED SNAPPER fillets, skin side up, gently pushing them into sauce. Simmer 5 minutes or until RED SNAPPER is cooked and flakes easily with a fork.
6. Transfer the RED SNAPPER fillets to a warm serving tray and keep warm. Continue to simmer sauce until it reaches the desired consistency. Ladle some sauce over fillets and serve the remainder on the side accompanied with the RICE.