Coconut Flour Banana Bread with Maple Nut Butter
- Maple Nut Butter:
- 2 large/3 small bananas, ripe and mashed
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup whole milk, plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of sea salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Preparation time 20mins
Adapted from freecoconutrecipes.com
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees ºF. Grease a 1 pound loaf pan.
Combine all ingredients for bread and blend until thoroughly mixed. Continue blending on medium speed for 1 minute to allow coconut flour to soak up the liquids.
Pour batter into the greased loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Allow bread to set and cool slightly before removing from pan. Slice and enjoy topped with a dollop of sweet & creamy maple nut butter!
Maple Nut Butter:
Slice butter and bring to room temperature. Using a food processor or nut chopper, finely chop the walnuts. Add butter, syrup, and cinnamon and whip (with a hand blender) until light and fluffy.
Spread onto freshly baked banana bread!
Recipe submitted by Caroline, Honolulu, HI
You'll also love
- Apple Fritter Waffles with Caramel... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Cucumber and Avocado Inside-out... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Banana Pupcakes... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Coconut Custard Pie 4.2/5 (39 Votes)
- Gluten-Free, High-Protein Coconut... 3.7/5 (287 Votes)
Review this recipe