Balsamic Blueberry Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices of bread (I used sourdough)
- Plenty of white cheese (I used Havarti, but lots of others kinds would be good! Mozzarella, Monterey, or even Swiss would be yummy)
- Fresh spinach or arugala
- 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbs. brown sugar
1. In a small saucepan, combine blueberries, sugar and vinegar. Turn on medium heat and let come to a slow boil. Use a utensil to crush berries as you stir. After boiling for about 5 minutes, pour mixture into a mesh strainer and let the juice syrup separate from the solid berries. Save the syrup for cocktails, pancakes or both!
2. Spread blueberries onto a piece of bread, top with cheese, some spinach, then more cheese! Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper. Top with your other slice of bread and toast. Enjoy!