Bacon and Cheese Quiche
- Crust: 1 1/3 all purpose flour, 1/8 tsp. salt, 1/2 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces, 2-3 tbsp. cold water.
- Filling: 10 strips lean bacon, 4 large eggs, 1 1/2 cups light cream, 1/4 tsp. dried thyme, 1/8 tsp. white pepper, 1/2 cup chredded Gruyere cheese, 1/2 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese.
1. To prepare crust mix flour & salt in large bowl. Using 2 knives cut in the butter until coarse crumbs form. Add water 1 tbsp. at a time until dough forms. Shape into disk and wrap, chill in refrigerator 30 minutes.
2. Preheat over to 375. On a lightly floured surface with floured rolling pin, roll dough to 11" circle, fit into 9" pie pan, trim edge leaving 1/4" overhang. Fold under to form stand up edge. Prick dough with fork, line with foil, fill with dried beans. Bake 10 minutes, remove beans, bake until lightly golden brown, 5 minutes. Let cool.
3. In medium skillet cook bacon over medium heat, 8-10 minutes. Drain.
4. Whisk together eggs, cream, thyme & pepper. Pour into crust. Crumble bacon. Sprinkle cheeses.
Bake at 350 degrees until golden & custard is set, about 30 minutes. Serve warm.
You'll also love
- Apple Topping 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Artichoke Nibble 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Stew 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Enchiladas Supreme 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with brandy sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rumaki - Bacon Wrapped Pineapple &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- HONEY BAKED HAM & CHEESE QUICHE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ham & Cheese Quiche 0/5 (0 Votes)