Nasturtium, Bacon and Potato Soup
- 2 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1/2 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 25-30 nasturtium leaves, stems removed
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. grains of paradise or pepper
- nasturtium blossoms for garnish
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
1. Place chopped bacon in stock pot. When bacon is done, set it aside and retain the bacon fat in the pot.
2. Add the onion and cook until soft but not browned, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the potatoes and nasturtium leaves and 1-2 tablespoons of the chicken broth. and continue cooking until the leaves are wilted, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the remaining chicken broth and milk to the stock pot. Add the bay leaf, salt and grains of paradise, then bring to a boil. Cover and simmer gently until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
5. Remove the bay leaf and discard. Puree the soup in a hand blender until smooth.
6. Add bacon and stir to combine.
7. Serve garnished with fresh nasturtium blossoms.
You'll also love
- Cauliflower with brown butter and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach salad wraps 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef and Artichoke Fettuccine 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Burgandy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes with 4 Cheeses 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with brandy sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rumaki - Bacon Wrapped Pineapple &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos... 0/5 (0 Votes)