Cheddar Bacon Penne Pasta
A touch of bacon is what makes this pasta recipe perfect. A blend of smokey bacon with sharp cheese are great complements. Serve as a side with chicken or pork.
- 1 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded, divided, about 6 ounces
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Set aside.
In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1 cup cheese until melted.
Drain pasta. Add pasta, bacon and onion mixture to the sauce; stir to coat. Transfer to a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Yield: 2 servings.
You'll also love
- white chocolate cranberry nut... 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Easy Macaroni Salad with Ham 4.2/5 (41 Votes)
- Almost Famous Ground Beef Taco Meat 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Chicken Bake with Cheese Pierogies... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Italian Sausage (spicy) 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Gouda Cheese Sauce with Sweet... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Herb Rubbed Sirloin Tip Pork Roast 4.2/5 (36 Votes)
- CHEESEBURGER TEX-MEX BACON 4.5/5 (20 Votes)