Pork Loin Cutlets With Parsley, Lemon, Capers and Chopped Egg
Another great recipe from the New York Times Dining section!
- 4 slices center cut pork loin, 1/2-inch thick and about 4 ounces each
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs, divided 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped parsley
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 2 eggs, hard-cooked for 8 minutes, cooled and peeled
- Olive oil, for frying
- Lemon wedges
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from nytimes.com
With a meat mallet, pound pork slices to flatten slightly. Season on both sides with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle a baking sheet or platter with bread crumbs. Dust pork slices with flour on both sides, then soak in beaten egg for 2 minutes. Using a fork or tongs, remove pork slices one at a time from egg mixture and place on top of crumbs. Sprinkle tops of slices with more bread crumbs, then turn over and sprinkle again so each slice is well coated. (They may be prepared up to this point an hour ahead and refrigerated, uncovered.)
Mix together parsley, lemon zest and capers in a small bowl. Chop hard-cooked egg and set aside.
Pour olive oil to a depth of 1/2 inch in a large cast-iron skillet (or use two pans to avoid crowding). Turn heat to medium high. When oil looks wavy, carefully place cutlets in pan and fry for 2 minutes, until golden. (Reduce heat if necessary.) Turn and cook for 2 minutes on other side, then remove and drain on paper towel. Season fried cutlets lightly with salt and pepper.
Arrange cutlets on a warm platter. Sprinkle with parsley mixture, then with chopped egg. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
You'll also love
- Apple Pork Tenderloin 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Tandoori Leg of Lamb 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Orange pineapple muffin cake 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Carrot Lime Zinger 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Gingery Pork & Bok Choy Soup 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Neely's Lemon Pasta Salad 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pork Loin Casserole 3.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Marinated Boneless Center Cut Pork... 4.8/5 (10 Votes)