Vaimeleni (Samoan watermelon drink)
- 1 medium watermelon
- 50 g coconut, grated (1.8 oz)
- 500 ml coconut milk (about 17 oz)
- 1 liter water
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 500 g crushed pineapple (about 17 oz)
- sugar (to taste)
- ice cube, for serving
Adapted from bing.com
Use a fork or spoon to scrape out the watermelon flesh into a large bowl. Catch the juice too, so you end up with a chunky kind of slush. Remove seeds with a spoon.
Add everything else, except for the sugar and ice, and mix well. As with the vaifala, mix and taste, dilute and sweeten, until you have the taste you like.
Chill and serve over ice, in a tall glass with a spoon. And be sure to stir it well before you present it, just so the fruit is well-distributed and the coconut milk is incorporated.
You'll also love
- Tongan Otai (coconut watermelon... 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Wild Rice Venison Stew 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Graham Cracker Strawberry Short... 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Madeleines au Citron - Lemon... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Vegan Banana Honeydew Melon... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Watermelon Fruit Salad featuring... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Summer Watermelon Salad with... 4.3/5 (24 Votes)