Rigatoni a la Vodka, Chicken and Asparagus
- 1 16-oz. box rigatoni pasta
- water for boiling
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6-8 stalks asparagus
- salt and pepper
- desired seasonings for chicken and asparagus
- 1 19.8-oz. container Scarpetta Tuscan Vodka sauce (use all or use half depending on how much sauce you like)
- olive oil (enough for sauteing)
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
Set a pot of water to boil. When boiling, throw in your rigatoni to cook according to al dente box directions (typically 14-15 minutes). Drain pasta and run under cool water and return to pot.
Chop asparagus stalks into 3-4 pieces each. Drizzle olive oil in skillet (enough to coat pan and saute asparagus). Place asparagus in pan and season with salt, pepper and other seasonings. When the asparagus is tender, remove to plate and pat dry of excess oil.
Chop up room temperature, cleaned, chicken breasts into bite sized pieces (If frozen, thaw in the microwave). Add more olive oil to pan to saute. Add chicken to the pan and season as desired. Remove chicken to dish or bowl to set aside.
Use a new skillet or clean off the one you've been using to heat up your sauce. Simply pour the Scarpetta sauce into the pan over medium flames. Let heat for 2-3 minutes, then add chicken to the sauce. Let heat for 2 more minutes.
Plate your pasta and top with chicken vodka sauce and shredded Parmesan cheese. Serve the asparagus as your side dish. Also great with crusty Italian bread!
You'll also love
- Chicken and Penne in Vodka Cream... 4.4/5 (62 Votes)
- Pound Cake Martini 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Southwest White Chicken Chili ... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Asparagus With Herbed Goat Cheese... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Soup with Winter Vegetables 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta Chicken Salad with Feta... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Asiago and Asparagus Risotto-Style... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Classic Macaroni Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)