Chicken, Spinach, & Gnocchi Soup
- Kosher Salt
- 2 cups prepared gnocchi (entire package)
- 4 cups chicken broth, low-sodium
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Pinch sugar
- 3 cups cleaned baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese, grated
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
1. Bring a medium saucepan of cold water to a boil over high heat, then salt it generously. Add the gnocchi and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, put 1/4 cup of the chicken broth, garlic, butter, and sugar in a large saucepan over medium-low heat, bring it to a simmer, and cook, uncovered, until the garlic is tender, about 1 minute. Add the spinach and let it wilt for about 30 seconds. Add the remaining 3 1/4 cups chicken broth and the chicken and bring just to a simmer. NOTE: If you have a leftover Parmesan rind, put it in the broth and remove it when it starts to melt.
3. Taste and season with salt and a generous amount of pepper to taste - use a light hand with the salt because the cheese is salty. Bring to a full boil then stir in the gnocchi.
4. Ladle the soup into warmed shallow bowls and shower each with some freshly grated cheese.
You'll also love
- Key Lime Pie - Reduced Fat 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Greek Lamb-Feta Burgers with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bow Ties in Blush Beef Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpking Pie Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bow Ties in Beef Blush Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Arugula, Caramelized Onion, and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach and Feta Omelet 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach, Onion and Bacon Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)