Corned Beef Hash
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups diced cooked potatoes (or frozen hash-brown potatoes)
- 1 cup chopped lean corned beef brisket (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium-chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large eggs
1) Cooked corned beef in crock pot over night per package directions.
2) In a large cast iron skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until it starts to brown, 5 to 8 minutes. Add potatoes and cook, stirring until they brown in spots and become crusty, about 8 minutes more. Stir in corned beef and broth, cook, scraping up any browned bits, until liquid is absorbed, 5 to 8 minutes. Add parsley and season with salt and pepper.
3) Meanwhile, fill a large skillet with 2 inches salted water and bring to a gentle simmer. Break eggs, one at a time, onto a saucer and slide into the simmering water. Poach eggs until set to desired firmness, 4 to 5 monutes.
4) Divide hash among 4 plates. Place eggs on top of hahs.