This sandwich recipe features flavorful steak with sweet caramelized onions, some melted cheese and a kick of garlic on a baguette.
- 1 pound sirloin steak
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 slices Havarti cheese
- 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cups butter; softened; spread
- 3 garlic cloves; spread
- 1 tablespoon dill; diced; spread
- 1 baguette
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from momsdish.com
Preheat skillet to a high heat. During this time, rub both sides of the meat with salt, pepper and oil. Place meat in a hot skillet, cook for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side. During the process of cooking don't move or flip meat, let it sizzle on each side, trust me it will not burn. To see if it's cooked to your preference you can cut and peek inside. Slice cooked steak into thin long strips.
Slice onion into half rings. On a separate skillet, saute onions with a little bit of oil, until golden brown.
To prepare butter spread, combine butter together with crushed garlic and diced dill, mix until you get the same consistency. Slice baguette, spread herb butter over both sides of the bread.
Form the sandwich in this order; Parmesan cheese, steak, Harvati cheese and caramelized onions, top with the other slice of bread. It is best to serve the sandwich while hot and cheese is all melted.
You'll also love
- Zucchini & Potato Pancakes 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Halloween Blood Red Sangria... 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Salt-Rising Bread, or Pioneer Bread 4.1/5 (66 Votes)
- Orange Jello Poke Cake 4.2/5 (48 Votes)
- Malasadas, Hawaiian Donuts 4/5 (125 Votes)
- Marinated Grilled Leg of Lamb 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Three Ingredient Orange Chicken 4.4/5 (48 Votes)
- Pigs in a Cornfield 4.6/5 (14 Votes)