Chocolate Cremoso with Sea Salt, Olive Oil, Sourdough Crostini and Espresso Parfait
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 pound milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon espresso, cooled
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- 10 slices Sourdough bread, thinly sliced
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 90mins
1. Combine 2 cups cream and sugar in medium pot and bring to a boil.
2. Whisk yolks in a medium bowl.
3. Gradually whisk the cream into the eggs to temper, then transfer back to the pot.
4. Cook over low heat until thickened, about 1 minute.
5. Place chocolate in a large bowl.
6. Once thickened, whisk cream mixture in chocolate until smooth.
7. Chill to firm, about 2 hours.
8. Whisk 2 cups cream with powdered sugar and vanilla until cream forms soft peaks.
9. Fold in espresso.
10. Spoon into 10 small ramekins.
11. Freeze for at least 2 hours.
Plate with 1 slice Sourdough bread brushed with olive oil and sea salt.