Roasted Tomato Dip
- 2 pints Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 6 Garlic cloves (peeled and smashed)
- 2 sprigs fresh Oregano (leaves torn)
- 2 sprigs fresh Thyme (leaves torn)
- 18 ounces Whipped Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese (grated)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (freshly grated)
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Baguettes (sliced and lightly toasted)
Adapted from abc.go.com
In a large bowl, toss together the tomatoes, garlic, oregano, thyme, 1/4 cup olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread out evenly onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until tomatoes slightly charred. Set aside to cool slightly.
In a large bowl, whip the cream cheese and stir in the mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Add the roasted tomatoes and garlic mixture to the cream cheese. Stir to evenly distribute the tomatoes.
Transfer to two 6-inch cast iron skillets. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving with toasted bread.