Watermelon Basil Soda
A new twist on soda!
- 1/2 seedless watermelon
- 2 cups sparkling water
- 3/4 cup 100 percent pure pear juice (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
Adapted from thescrumptiouspumpkin.com
Using a large spoon or melon baller, scoop the flesh of the watermelon into a food processor. Pulse until the melon is completely pureed. (Depending upon the size of the food processor, this may be done in batches.) Place a fine mesh strainer over a large bowl and pour the puréed melon into the strainer. Strain and discard any seeds or pulp. Pour the watermelon juice into a large pitcher. Add the fresh basil leaves and use a wooden spoon to press the basil against the bottom of the pitcher, crushing the basil and releasing its flavors. Stir in the sparkling water. For added sweetness, also stir in the pear juice. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Clark's "Crazy" Grilled Sirloin... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Turkey Bacon Sliders 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- PEACH COBBER 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Refreshing Cucumber-Watermelon... 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- WATERMELON RUM SPLASH 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
Review this recipe