Dove: Bacon-Wrapped Grilled Jalapeno Cheddar Dove
Do you love to hunt? I do! And I love to cook with what I kill. This morning I bagged 3 Doves in my field (yes, I have a hunting license)! These TASTY Dove melt in your mouth, and are very easy to prepare. (Cleaning instructions included)
- 3 Dove - Recently Killed during Legal Hunting Season
- 2 Jalapenos
- 1 Brick of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Rack of Thin-sliced Bacon
- 6 toothpicks
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
To clean Doves: I like to simply separate the head from the body, pluck feathers from breast, and then with a filet knife slice skin open from neck to anus. After that simply reach in under the breastbone at anus and rip back and away from body, removing breast and breastbone in 1 pull. Use knife if anything sticks. Wash thoroughly, then using filet knife or fingers pull breast from breastbone.
To prepare: Simply slice cheddar into 1x3" slices or so, and dice the jalapenos. Add 2 jalapenos to the top of dove, add cheese on top of jalapeno, then wrap in bacon around and poke with toothpick. Repeat 6 times.
To cook: pre-heat grill to medium heat, then add bacon-wrapped dove. Let cook for 5 minutes, then flip... let cook for 5 more minutes. The bacon should be a little rare, but the dove should be perfect! The cheese may melt a bit, but that's okay!
So tasty, like beef filet!
You'll also love
- Air Fryer Fried Ravioli 3.3/5 (93 Votes)
- Lemon Cucumber Pickles 3.6/5 (122 Votes)
- Honey & Sage Brined Deep Fried... 3.7/5 (42 Votes)
- Beef with Snow Peas Stir Fry -... 3.8/5 (26 Votes)
- Pork pochero 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Pulled Pork and Collard Green Egg... 3.9/5 (19 Votes)
- BBQ Bacon Meatball 3.8/5 (4 Votes)