Banana Macadamia Nut Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. grated orange peel
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 medium)
- 1/4 cup orange juice (not necessary)
- 1 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- 3 1/2 oz coarsely chopped macadamia nuts or walnuts (about 3/4 cups)
Preparation time 15mins
Heat oven to 350. In large bowl combine flour, sugar, butter, eggs, baking soda, salt, orange peel and vanilla. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed, 2 to 3 minutes. Add bananas and orange juice. Continue beating, scraping bowl, until well mixed, 1 minute. By hand, stir in coconut and nuts. (Batter will be thick). Spread into 1 greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan or 3 greased 5 1/2 x 3 inch mini loaf pans.
Bake 9 x 5 inch loaf for 60 to 65 minutes or mini loaves for 35 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes, remove from pan.