Shrimp With Citrus Tropical Salsa
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly diced, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup chopped seedless cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon basil flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 24 medium-size shrimp
- 3 tablespoons ground cilantro
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup white wine
For salsa, mix mango, avocado, peppers, cucumber, pineapple and onion in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine garlic powder, oregano, basil, cilantro and juices. Cover and refrigerate while preparing shrimp.
Peel and devein shrimp. Next, rinse and dry well. Coat with cilantro and set aside. Heat a saute pan on medium-high. Add olive oil and butter. When hot, add shrimp and saute 2-3 minutes a side. Add wine and deglaze pan.
Remove shrimp and place on paper towels. Place heaping tablespoon of salsa on each of 6 serving plates. Arrange 4 shrimp on top of the salsa; serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.
You'll also love
- World Famous Shields Date Crystals... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vitamix - Chocolate Banana Malt 0/5 (0 Votes)
- W30/D: Crock Pot Lemongrass and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon Head Soup 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Crab Norfolk 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crab Meat w Cocktail Sauce... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Low Cuntry Boil 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mardi Gras Pasta with Shrimp and... 0/5 (0 Votes)