Lemon Cupcake with Lemon Buttercream
If you're a lover of all thing lemon then these easy lemon cupcakes with lemon buttercream are a must try.
- 5 egg whites, room temperature
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 lemons, zested
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from shugarysweets.com
In small bowl, mix egg whites, 1/4 cup buttermilk and lemon zest. Set aside.
In mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add in dry ingredients and mix until combined. Slowly add in egg white mixture. Beat in remaining buttermilk.
Prepare cupcake tins with paper cupcake liners. Fill liners half full and bake in a 350°F oven for 15 minutes. Remove and cool in pan 5 minutes then transfer to cool completely on a wire rack.
For the frosting, beat butter for 3 to 5 minutes until pale in color. Add powdered sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice (about 2 tablespoon from fresh lemon) and cream. Beat for 3 to 5 minutes until fluffy.
Frost cupcakes by filling a pastry bag with tip and pipe on the frosting. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- The Yummiest Peach Cobbler 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Pasta with Garlic and Oil 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Mango & Pineapple Jam 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- White Chocolate Lemon Meringue Pie 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Crunchy Taco Salad 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Easiest Pineapple Cake 4.3/5 (48 Votes)
- Mini Key Lime Pies 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Warm Lemon Pudding Cake 4.5/5 (38 Votes)