These will leave you speechless! There are 3 levels of lemon flavor that combine to deliver the perfect balance of tart & sweet...a perfect dessert for a summer meal.
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (1/2-stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon limoncello
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup lemon Juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- LEMON CURD:
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg and 1 egg yolk
- CREAM CHEESE LIMONCELLO FROSTING:
- 2 ounces (1/2-stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temp.
- 1 tablespoon limoncello
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 70mins
Preheat oven to 350˚F and position a rack in the centre of oven.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder & salt; set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter, cream cheese & sugar on medium speed till light and creamy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the limoncello and beat an additional minute. On low speed, add flour mixture and buttermilk alternatively, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Add the lemon juice and zest and mix on low speed just till incorporated. Divide the batter between 12 muffin tins. Bake for 20 minutes or till a toothpick inserted near the centre comes out clean. Let cool completely.
In a heavy medium saucepan, stir together the lemon zest, juice and sugar and bring to a simmer over medium heat. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and egg yolk. Whisk the lemon mixture into the eggs to temper them. Scrape the mixture back into the saucepan and place over medium heat, whisking constantly until it thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, and let cool completely.
Prepare the cream cheese limoncello frosting. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and cream cheese on medium speed till light and creamy, about 2 to 3 minutes Add the limoncello and beat for an additional minute. Reduce the speed to low & gradually add the sifted powdered sugar & beat till fully incorporated and smooth. Assemble the cupcakes. Cut a hole into each cupcake with the lg. end of a melon ballerina or the back end of a large pastry tip. Fill each cavity with the lemon curd. Fill a pastry bag with a star tip and the cream cheese limoncello frosting and pipe onto each cupcake. Decorate with lemon & berries if desired.
You'll also love
- Portobello Mushroom Burgers 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Individual Beef Wellingtons 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Bloomin Onion Sauce PRINT 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Long John Silvers Batter mix 4.3/5 (49 Votes)
- Crockpot Ranch Porkchops 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Smashed Avocado & Tomato Basil... 4.3/5 (43 Votes)
- Pink Lemonade cake 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Cake & Cream Cheese... 4.5/5 (36 Votes)