Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti
These cookies have become a family favorite! They compliment my morning cup of java perfectly!
Each cookie has 6.5g of carbs, but only 3.3g if you subtract erythritol. Adding chocolate chips adds carbs.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup granulated erythritol
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or hazelnut extract
- 15 drops stevia extract
- 1 3/4 cups hazelnut flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup low carb chocolate chips (optional, adds carbs)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from alldayidreamaboutfood.com
Preheat the oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together butter, egg, erythritol, vanilla or hazelnut extract and stevia.
In a medium bowl, whisk together hazelnut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir well to thoroughly combine. Dough will be sticky and thick.
Turn dough out onto prepared baking sheet and shape into a low, flat log. Bake until firm to the touch and lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 275°F.
Let the log cool for 10-15 minutes and then transfer to a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, gently cut into 1/2 inch slices. This is easier with a non-serated knife, and cutting straight up and down, as opposed to a sawing action. Place slices, cut-side down, back onto silicone- or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until exposed side is crisp, 10-15 minutes, and then flip cookies and bake on the other side, 10 more minutes.
Let cool completely on cookie sheet. They will continue to firm up as they cool.
You'll also love
- Sugar Snap Pea Slaw 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Cross Rib Roast 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Microwave Divinity 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Almond Torta with Chocolate Chips 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Apricot Shortbread Cookies 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Cheryl & Coompany's Frosted... 3.9/5 (21 Votes)
- White Chocolate Cranberry... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Chocolate Hazelnut Chip Cookies 4.4/5 (11 Votes)