Apple Butter Thumbprint Cookies
These apple butter thumbprint cookies are easy peasy and so perfect for fall. The dough can be made ahead for super quick cookies when you need them most.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Smucker's® Spiced Apple Butter
Preparation time 180mins
Cooking time 200mins
Adapted from whitelily.com
Combine butter and sugar in large bowl; beat with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add salt and vanilla, beating until well blended. Stir in flour and pecans until blended.
Divide dough in half. Wrap each half in plastic wrap; chill several hours or overnight. (Dough can be stored up to 3 days.)
Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray a baking sheet lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
Shape dough into 60 one-inch balls. Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart. Press thumb gently in the center of each ball to make an indention. Fill each indention with 1 teaspoon apple butter.
Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
You'll also love
- Homemade Organic Coconut Butter 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Peach Cream Cheese Pie 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Avocado Feta Salsa 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Poppy Seed Scones 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Cinnamon Apple Pie Bread 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Brown Sugar Glazed Pineapple... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Winning Apricot Bars 4.5/5 (14 Votes)