Almond Torta with Chocolate Chips
You can also substitute dried cranberries, dried cherries, or currants in this delicious recipe. This is particularly good accompanied by whipped cream, ice cream, or zabaglione.
- 10 ounces butter, soft, plus more for the pan
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for the pan
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 large eggs
- Zest of one lemon, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 2 cups almond flour or almond meal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sliced blanched almonds, lightly toasted
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 80mins
Arrange a rack in the center of the oven, and heat to 350°F.
Butter and flour the bottom and sides of a springform pan.
Sift together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
Cream the butter and sugar in a mixer at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Beat in the lemon zest and almond extract, then raise the speed to high and beat the batter until very light, a minute or more.
At low speed, mix in half of the sifted flour mixture, beating just until it is incorporated; beat in half the almond flour. Beat briefly at medium speed to a smooth batter, then, again on low speed, mix in the chocolate chips, just until evenly distributed.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it to an even layer. Sprinkle the almonds over the top.
Bake the trot for 45 minutes, rotating the pan about halfway through the baking time. The cake is done when the top is golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool the cake in the pan for about 10 minutes on a wire rack. Run a knife around the edge of the cake, open the sprint and remove the side ring. Cool the cake completely before serving.
Cut the cake in wedges and dust with confectioners' sugar or serve with whipped cream, ice cream or zabaglione.
You'll also love
- Pink Grapefruit Margaritas from... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Tennessee Peach Pudding 3.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Peekaboo Pumpkin Pound Cake 4/5 (46 Votes)
- Buttery Vanilla Pudding Pound Cake 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Amaretto Almond Chicken 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cranberry Almond Pound Cake 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- chocolate mousse torte 0/5 (0 Votes)