Sweet Pepper-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 1 each sweet red, green and yellow pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup chicken stock or white wine
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
Cut sweet peppers into thin strips
In a nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat; cook sweet pepper strips and 1/4 tsp each of the salt, pepper and thyme, stirring, for three minutes. Set aside.
Pat chicken dry. Place between sheets of waxed paper; pound lightly to 1/4 inch thickness. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place pepper strips crosswise on short end of each breast; roll up and secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle with remaining salt, pepper and thyme.
In same skillet, brown chicken lightly on all sides. Transfer to rimmed baking sheet; bake in 375F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
Meanwhile, in skillet, bring chicken stock or wine to boil, stirring to scrape up brown bits. Stir in mustard; cook, stirring over medium heat for about 2 minutes or until slightly reduced. Spoon over chicken and serve.
You'll also love
- Slow-Cooker Chicken with Couscous 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Guinness Glazed Pork Chops 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Chicken and Broccoli Crepes 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Chicken & Dressing - Instant Pot 3.9/5 (79 Votes)
- Mamaw's Chicken and Rice Casserole 3.8/5 (86 Votes)
- Teriyaki Chicken and Rice Casserole 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Alouette Almond Zucchini Stuffed... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)