Easy Turkey or Chicken Pot Pie
Easy to put together and a meal in itself. I do this after the Thanksgiving holiday. It's an easy way to get rid of the last of the turkey day left overs because you can use up whatever turkey, or vegetables in the pie which were leftover after your Thanksgiving Day meal.
- 2 - 9 inch unbaked pie shells
- 1 - 10.75 ounch can of cream of chicken, cream of celery, OR cream of mushroom soup
- 1 - 8 ounch package of softened cream cheese
- 1 - 8 ounch bag of frozen mixed vegetables thawed OR left over vegetables from your refrigerator
- 3 cups cooked turkey OR chicken meat
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove finely chopped garlic
- 1/8 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 pats of butter
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl combine the cream soup, and the softened cream cheese. Beat together until throughly mixed. Stir in all of the remaining ingredients. Pour the chicken vegetable mixture into your pie shell. Break up the butter into small pieces. Dot the top with butter and then put the 2nd or top pie crust on top. Crimp edges to seal the crusts together and cut slits into the top for venting. Put aluminum foil around the edge of the pie to protect the edge from overbrowning. After 15 to 20 minutes remove the foil and continue baking. Check often to make sure the pie isn't overbrowning. Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
You'll also love
- Grapefruit Sabayon Cakes 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Cherry Pie a la Mode 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Sausage All-Stars 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Sopa de Fubà (Collard Greens,... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Pan-Seared Turkey Cutlets with... 3.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie with Pie Crust 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Country Chicken Bacon Pot Pie 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Classic Vegetable & Chicken Pot... 4.1/5 (15 Votes)