Oven Fried Chicken with Fresh Pineapple Side
- For the Coating:
- 8 chicken thighs – cleaned, trimmed and pat dry.
- Olive oil – for drizzling
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. Jamaican curry powder
- 1 cup of milk – plus 1 tsp. vinegar
- Pineapple Side
- 1 fresh ripe pineapple – sliced
- For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil – chopped
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon of honey
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
Preheat Oven 325 degrees:
In a bowl combine the milk plus the vinegar and let sit while preparing the flour.
In a large bowl combine the flour and all of the seasonings; then divide between two bowls.
Coat the chicken in the first bowl of seasoned flour; dip in the milk and finally in the second bowl of flour. Repeat this process with each piece of chicken.
Place in a baking pan and drizzle each piece of chicken with olive oil.
Bake for 55-60 minutes for a nice golden crust and until juices run clear.
Place sliced pineapple in a bowl. In a small bowl combine the ingredients for the dressing and stir. Pour over the pineapple and gently toss.
You'll also love
- Roasted Eggplant and Israeli... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Masala-Spiced Rib-Eye Steaks with... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Bananas and Cream Daiquiri 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Stuffed Avocados with Cilantro (or... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Pineapple carpaccio and coconut... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
Review this recipe