Chicken and Pepper Paprika Stew
- 12 oz(340 g) boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 sweet red peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 Hungarian wax peppers or Cubanelle peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 sweet green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 lb (454 g) mini white potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sodium-reduced chicken broth
Sprinkle chicken thighs and breasts with 1/4 tsp each of the salt and pepper. In large Dutch oven, heat 2 tbsp of the oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken, in batches. With slotted spoon, transfer to plate; set aside.
Add remaining oil to pan and heat over medium heat; cook onion, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add garlic, paprika, marjoram, caraway seeds, bay leaf and remaining salt and pepper; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes; cook for 2 minutes, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan. Add red peppers, Hungarian peppers, green pepper and potatoes; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in flour; cook for 1 minute.
Return chicken and any juices to pan. Stir in chicken broth and bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender and juices run clear when chicken is pierced, about 20 minutes. Discard bay leaf.
You'll also love
- Chicken Paprika in Sour Cream... 4.4/5 (60 Votes)
- Black Pepper Chicken (Singapore ) 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Paprika Roast Chicken 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Lili Deutsch's Hungarian Veal... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken Marinade (firehouse) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Poached Chicken Breasts 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cashew Chicken with Lime Marmalade... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chinese Garlic Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)