Meatloaf Burgers with Sauteed Carrots
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 bag (16 oz) baby carrots
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 1/4 lbs 90% lean ground beef
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 potato rolls, split and toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
1. In a 12 inch skillet, heat water and butter on medium until simmering. Add carrots, 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper, cook covered 10 mins or until carrots are tender.
Uncover, stir in sugar and cook 3 mins or until carrots are coated and liquid evaporates. Remove from heat, cover and keep warm.
2. Spray grill pan or skillet with nonstick cooking spray, then heat on medium until hot.
3. In cup, put ketchup. In large bowl, mix 1 Tbsp ketchup with beef, celery, onion, bread crumbs, garlic, Worcestershire, and 1/4 tsp salt until blended.
Shape beef mixture into flour 3/4 inch thick burgers.
4. Place burgers in hot grill pan, cook 10 mins for medium or until desired doneness.
5. Serve burgers on rolls with lettuce and remaining ketchup mixture. Serve carrots on the side.